I've been using RSS feeds for a few years now and I really like them. The feeds I subscribe to are both personal and professional; I get my daily Dilbert cartoon, news, job postings, recipies, journal tables of contents, calls for papers, database search alerts and more, via RSS.
As far as applications for library work go, I thik RSS feeds are quite useful. I used to do current awareness service in my previous job, and I found the search alerts were great for finding out when there was something new that would be of interest to my folks. I don't use the search alerts as much anymore, except to find out when new New England Journal of Medicine Clinical Videos are posted so I can link to them on the SHIRP site.
Now that I've got the 23 things coming to Google reader I never have to visit the 23 things blog again, it all comes to me! Woo-hoo! (sorry ladies, but I'm all about efficiency =) )
No comments:
Post a Comment